Art Competition T’s & C’s
- Entries must be received by The Artropolis on or before September 15 2014.
- Entries can be sent to The Artropolis by post or email. (Up to ten entries can be sent per photographer).
- Entries will not be returned.
- Entries are required to be in final image format and submitted in high resolution to qualify.
- The contest is open to all South African nationals.
Selection of winner and finalists:
- The winners will be named by the owners of The Artropolis.
- The number of winners, including which innovations will be represented among these, will be at the discretion of the owners of The Artropolis.
- The decision of the owners cannot be overruled.
- Winners will be contacted before the 1 October and requested to send their high resolution photo in a file or on a DVD or CD as applies.
- The winner will be announced by 1 October 2014.
- Winners are required to sign a release form of photographs submitted.
- Winners will be personally congratulated by The Artropolis owners, and prize handover will be done in person.
Awards and exhibition:
- The winner or winners of the photo contest will receive R 1000 per image. R 10 000 cash prize in total of which 10 photos in total could be selected.
- The work of the winners will be exhibited and published online and in a print publication.
- Winners will receive certificates signed by The Artropolis.
- Winners of the competition may enter into a contractual agreement to continue producing photography for The Artropolis, to advertise and sell the work of the photographer. These photographs post the competition would remain in the ownership of the respective photographer, and will be commissioned per project and sold respectively.
Terms of usage of works:
- Photographs will always be exhibited with the name of the photographer.
- The ownership of the winning photographs will be released and handed over to The Artropolis.
- Winners will be required to sign a release form granting The Artropolis and public agencies the rights to use the photographs for promotional purposes.
- Should there be advertising these will be allowed to show selected photographs, in the context of communicating the importance of innovations and creativity, and bilateral relations. This includes commercial usage.